Effective as of September 29, 2020
Collection of your Personal Information and Data
1. Information We Collect or Receive. In the course of operating the App, we will collect and/or receive the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
(a) Personal Information. We only receive, collect or process information that identifies you personally (collectively, the “Personal Information”) in order to help you provide secure evidence of identity to third parties that you choose to interact with (collectively the “Relying Parties” and individually each a “Relying Party”). Such Personal Information may include your name, e-mail address, physical address, phone number, driver’s license number and information, portrait image, date of birth and other information that your Issuer considers part of your identity record. We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use the App unless you
(b) Other Information. In addition to the Personal Information, we may automatically collect or receive additional information regarding you and your use of the App; your interactions; and information regarding your computer and mobile devices used to access the App (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
(i) From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us. (ii) From Your Activity. We may collect or receive information regarding:
(A) IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or mobile device;
(B) browser type and language;
(C) referring and exit pages and URLs;
(D) date and time; and
(E) details regarding your activity on the App, such as search queries and other performance and usage data.
(iii) About Your Mobile Device. We may collect or receive information regarding:
(A) type of mobile device;
(B) advertising Identifier (“IDFA” or “AdID”);
(C) operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows);
(E) network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); and
(F) mobile device integrity information.
(iv) Your Transaction Data. The App collects the websites and requests from Relying Parties you approve (“Transaction Data”) for the purposes of providing you with a transaction history, maintaining relationships with Relying Parties, and providing you a higher level of service. Transaction Data is under your control and can be viewed only by you.
(A) Customize for your type of mobile device;
(B) personalize your experience; and
(C) analyze which portions of the App are visited and used most frequently.
If you do not want us to deploy cookies in the App, you can opt out by setting your mobile device to reject cookies. You can still use the App if you choose to disable cookies, although your ability to use some of the features may be affected.
2. Geolocation Information. Your location is not disclosed to GET Group North America, your Issuer, or Relying Parties by the App. Some mobile devices may require you to enable location services for the App to enable the Bluetooth used to interact with a Verifier. Use of your Personal Information
3. How Information is Used and Shared.
(a) You authorize us to use the Personal Information and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to:
(i) provide and improve our App;
(ii) provide our services; and
(iii) facilitate transactions between you and the Relying Parties you choose to interact with.
(b) We may engage third-party companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf related to our App. Examples may include providing technical assistance and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
(c) In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, the App, and our products and services, we may analyze certain Information in anonymized and aggregate form to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the App and/or such products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data to our affiliates, agents, business partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics to describe the App and these products and services to current and prospective business partners and investors and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
(d) In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, a new owner of the software may assume the rights and obligations of this Privacy Party.
(e) To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information:
(i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or
(ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others, including you.
(f) GET Group North America will not disclose your Information with a Relying Party without your consent. We will also not sell, rent, or lease your Information. We will not make your Information available to other third parties, except as set forth herein.
4. Retention of Your Data. Information and Transaction Data are stored securely and are not accessible by GET. GET encourages you to review the privacy statements of Websites you interact with using the Services to understand how the Websites collect, use, and share your Information.
5. Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences. If you have provided us any Personal Information, you may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to the same by contacting us as set forth below. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to the App (e.g., requests for support). We may also deliver notifications to your mobile device (e.g., push notifications). You can disable these notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device. Security of your Personal Information
6. How We Protect Your Information. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction by securing the Information on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When Information is transmitted to a Relying Party, it is protected with encryption, such as Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocols. The use of encryption technology means that only your intended recipient will be able to access your Information, and only after you have consented to providing Information to the recipient.
8. Children. The App is not directed to children under the age of 13. We adhere to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any child under the age of 13. We ask that minors (under the age of 13) not use the App. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us and request that such information be deleted from our records.
9. Do Not Track. The App does not track your usage of the services across Relying Parties, nor does your Issuer or any third party. Specifically, the services do not utilize a common identifier across Relying Party Verifiers or their websites. Activities you perform with one Relying Party website cannot be associated with activities that you perform on another Relying Party website.